Guidance to develop insertion itineraries
An orientation and training itinerary where you can specify your Personal and Professional Project
At Centro Jovent we offer support to each person so that they can achieve their personal and work goals. Through a tutored orientation and specific sessions you will be able to improve your personal attitudes, your abilities, skills and your employment opportunities. Specifically we offer:
1.- Tutored orientation
Once the enrollment in the Centre Jovent has been completed, the person begins their orientation process. You are assigned a reference with whom you will have a first interview and will carry out a series of basic training tests, technical and transversal skills in order to obtain your initial profile (pre-diagnosis) with the strengths to improve, your professional interest and motivation.
The orientation process includes the monitoring and constant review of objectives, which allows establishing a link between each young person and their reference, accompanying them throughout their Itinerary, with the aim of guaranteeing its success and adapting to their needs and possibilities. This task can be done individually or in a group.
Contents tutored orientation
2.- Search for training alternatives
Information and guidance on the training offer of professional profiles that may interest each young person
This service offers the possibility of conducting a training search, focused on professional profiles that are outside the Youth offer, with the accompaniment of guidance personnel. It is an open information service on the existing general training offer, resources where they can be carried out, registration periods, …
Within the process, vocational guidance sessions are held to identify the interests of each young person and link them with the personal and professional skills of the profile of the occupation demanded.
Once the interest is confirmed, a search is made for the entity that offers this training and the referral is carried out. After the start of the course, follow-up is carried out with the educational center and with each student. At the end of the training, you can decide whether to return to Jovent to continue with your itinerary (either for a new training investigation or for the beginning of a job search process) or to close your process.
3.- Accompaniment to assess services:
Knowledge and visits to the different entities for a conscious professional choice
Within this service the possibility of accompanying the resources of interest to each young person is offered. Visits may be made to the entities linked to the demanded professional profiles, to learn more about the selected occupations in-situ, being able to clarify doubts directly with professionals from the different centers. In this way, each young person is empowered to make more conscious decisions about the most appropriate training option for her personal and professional skills.
4.- MAP. Professional test modules
MAP is a multiprofessional laboratory that consists of several spaces to be able to know, experiment and verify the trades that are taught at the Centro Jovent. Through a catalog of practical projects based on the research work method, you will be able to develop experiences, perceptions, skills (handling of tools and machines) and attitudes related to the different professional profiles (initiative, effort, assistance and punctuality, order, etc.). In this way, you can confirm the training option chosen initially, or choose another depending on your possibilities.
Contents Professional Test Modules (MAP)
- Possibility of choosing the professional option through the experimentation of different trades / certificates of professionalism (automotive mechanics, bodywork, boat maintenance, electricity, plumbing, electronics and blacksmithing)
- Acquisition of basic skills in handling tools.
- Improvement of self-knowledge and perception of one’s own abilities.
- Training of professional attitudes that promote employability.
- Occupational health and safety regulations.
- Definition of the work intention and professional profile.
5.- Training in personal and professional skills
Through various group sessions and applying different work techniques (group dynamics, tests, specific training, etc.), each young person will be able to improve their skills necessary to meet their work objective. We offer training in Basic Competencies (in the linguistic and mathematical fields, and access to employment) and Transversal Competences.
Basic competences (from the linguistic and mathematical field, and access to employment)
The basic competences are developed by combining individual activity with cooperative group work, using ICT (computers, tablets, electronic whiteboards) and basic computer programs as basic work tools. The contents are the following:
- Linguistic skills: they are worked on in a very practical and enjoyable way through oral and written expression and comprehension exercises.
- Competences in the mathematical field: they are worked through very practical challenges or problems close to the professional field.
- Access to employment competencies: help to define the work objective of each person and the alternatives to access and place themselves in the work context. Competencies are trained in two areas:
- Identification of one’s own situation regarding employment.
- Introduction to the resources, tools and skills necessary for employment.
They are the wide-ranging set of skills, capacities and attitudes necessary to respond to diverse work situations. For example, knowing how to identify one’s own abilities, improve communication and teamwork, organizing one’s own work, managing stress, etc.
The transversal competences are grouped into three areas:
- Know how to analyze. You learn to identify your own abilities (weaknesses and potentials) and to assess the characteristics of a work context. Learning to analyze improves the relationship with others and face situations effectively
- Know how to relate. You learn to master the expression of emotions and feelings, to manage conflicts and stress, to listen, to dialogue, to work in a team, etc.
- Know how to cope. You learn to solve problems, to negotiate and, in general, different action strategies to achieve personal goals or those required by any assigned task, solving any situation more effectively.
- Socio-labor programs for young people
- Other formations
- Research and innovation
- HIV prevention Project
- Community Health Project
- Network programmes with other entities