The Cooperativa Jovent is a member of the Federación Coraje, a non-profit network created in 1995 to unify human and material efforts of various organizations whose main objective is the social and labor integration of socially disadvantaged young people.
It is currently integrated by the following entities:
- Association Norte Joven de Madrid.
- Association Norte Joven Mieres, de Asturias.
- Institute Filles de María Auxiliadora, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
- HH Christian Instruction, of Valladolid.
- The Cooperativa Jovent, in Palma.
The actions of these entities respond to the desire to improve the instability of those young people between the ages of 16 and 30, who have failed in the formal education system, who are unemployed or seek their first employment, who come from families or unstructured environments, etc.
The majority of the projects that are developed on the network are subsidized by the Ministry of Employment and Social Security and the Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality. Several other private entities have collaborated to complement the insertion itinerary, including “la Caixa” Welfare Projects.
At present the Federación Coraje has three projects:
- “Ready, Ready, Already!”: Project to support the path of social and occupational insertion that, in our case, we develop in the Centre Jovent.
- “Travessia”: itinerary for social and occupational insertion aimed specifically at young immigrants to improve their orientation, training and insertion process.
- “Equipment”: program that allows investments in renovations and equipment to maintain the facilities and training equipment.